Saturday, October 6, 2012

HST Cushions

Hi

It feels like it's been ages since I last posted. I've been busy sewing though and if you were to see my house you'd know there hasn't been much cleaning going on. I'll get round to it eventually.

In the meantime this is what I've been sewing. Three HST cushions and a table runner which I'll post separately.











I made the blocks back in June and wanted to make a bed quilt but just knew I would never finish such a large project then they were going to be made into a table runner and finally decided to make them into cushions. See how indecisive I can be. LOLL

This is the tutorial I used  for the blocks

  http://www.incolororder.com/p/block-of-month.html

only my squares started off at 5".




A friend of mine has a furniture shop. Her clever hubby makes all the furniture they sell so they have kindly let me sell my stuff there. While I was there today I measured up tables and dressers so I can make things that will fit their furniture.



The coffee table in front needs something to match now. LOLLL I've got so many things I want to make going round in my head that it's difficult to know where to start.

~ Maria ~

6 comments:

  1. The pillows turned out great. I agree it's so much easier to make pillows than to make a large quilt. How great that you can display your creations at the furniture store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some!! What more can I say, Maria?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out beautiful - great stitching - and it would have been a great quilt but I certainly know how long that can take. But never give up ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pillows - I'm sure you'll come up with a lovely tablerunner for the coffee table :) It's great that you can display your things at the furniture store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you do free motion here? I would like to try that someday. Great pillows. HST in three different arrangements.... beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I change my mind all the time... LOL!!! The pillows look great displayed on the lounge. How wonderful that you can display and sell your creations in the furniture store.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~