Saturday, November 9, 2013

Stars For Christmas

I was over visiting my friend Karen's blog yesterday admiring a beautiful quilt she designed. Don't you just love it and perfect for Christmas which by the way is 46 days away according to Karen. I thought I had much more time.


Ok, I have to be realistic now. First of all I've never made anything this size before and I'm not sure if I would be able to quilt it then I have orders to finish so time is short but I was thinking it would be the perfect design for a table runner. I was mulling the idea over in my head when I noticed Karen suggested the same thing in her post so it's decided I'm aiming for a new table runner for Christmas.

Karen has beautiful patterns for sale in her Etsy shop or Craftsy Pattern Store. Another one I had my eye on for Christmas is one called Poppa's Tree Farm quilt but this star quilt will be first.

What are you all planning on sewing for Christmas? Have you given it any thought yet? I'd love to hear your holiday sewing plans.

~ Maria ~

4 comments:

  1. I thought you had made that quilt when I saw the photo. It's beautiful and I am sure your table runner will be great too. Looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that quilt , but i put stars in all my grandkids quilt's because they are my stars

    ReplyDelete
  3. That design will make a lovely Christmas tablerunner :) I'm trying to finish off a Christmas stocking today - I meant to do it yesterday, but our oldest son showed up with company so I got side-tracked. Have to get it done this weekend so I can stay on track with my sewing goals, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this star mat for my pastor and his wife already and I'm going to try and make another two, but who knows if I'll make the deadline!! http://www.aspoonfulofsugardesigns.com/2013/10/folded-star-mat.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~