Friday, January 10, 2014

La Luna Bag Pattern

The La Luna Bag is the first bag I've made this year and if you're wondering what La Luna stands for it means The Moon Bag in Spanish. Appropriate being as it's from Patchouli Moon Studio.

I bought these handles in Spain while on holiday visiting my family just over 2 years ago and still hadn't made anything with them.

Then as luck would have it Daryl from Patchouli Moon Studio made one with wooden handles and posted it on her blog. After leaving a comment for her she wrote to ask if I would like to test it for her and I said yes straight away and here it is. Make sure you check out Daryl's, she's now posted two on her blog and they're gorgeous

This bag comes together in super quick time and is really easy to make. I made the bag and flower in an evening at a leisurely pace.



You may be able to just make out from the photo above that I've quilted it with a zig zag pattern.

Last year I collected loads of zipper cut offs in the hope that I would make some zipper flowers and never got round to it so now I can cross that off the list of things to do this year.

These zipper flowers too are so easy and quick to make.


Inside the bag there are two slip pockets and a pen pocket in the middle. I had originally wanted to use this as a craft bag so made it deeper than the pattern but now it's finished I just want to take it out shopping.


Here are photos taken indoors. I'd be interested to know from you which ones you prefer. Outdoor photos or indoor.





There are endless possibilities to how you can make this bag. You can make it larger or smaller, add outside pockets, zipper pockets and embellish it any how you want. This pattern leaves loads of room for you to use your imagination. The pattern is clearly written with photos as a guide to sewing it and should you have any difficulties Daryl is only too happy to help you out.
If you'd like to make one too you can purchase the pattern over at Craftsy and also check out the pattern details.

I still have another pair of handles that are slightly different so maybe I'll use those to make my craft bag.

Thanks for letting me test this lovely bag for you Daryl.

~ Maria ~

6 comments:

  1. You bag came out beautiful Maria! I love the zipper flower and the quilting, both are a nice added touch. I like both the indoor and outdoor photos, but am more partial to the bag in the tree, lol!! Thank you for testing my bag pattern Maria. You are the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Bag! The handle is very nice and the flower is very unique. I think all the pictures came out good but I like to have white or beige background to help see the bags more clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Maria,
    a nice bag, and you choosed great fabrics for the wooden handles!
    Happy sewing day to you!
    hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bag - nice "nubby" fabric on the outside - it looks very textural! The zipper flower is great! I like the bag in a tree picture too, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty and the flower as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria you work so fast and you create such beautiful things! The bag you made for Daryl, it's lovely! I already had seen your creation, while visiting Daryl's blog and leave a comment there too! Beautiful!!!! I love the zipper flower that you did !!!!
    Marisa :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~