Thursday, November 13, 2014

Meet Rose

I'm off to my friends house for dinner tonight and wanted to give a present to her little girl who I haven't seen for some time. I was going to buy something and then decided to make something instead as I knew she'd appreciate it more.

So meet Rose.
Isn't she adorable. The last time made a rag doll was when my daughter was tiny. That was about 25 years ago so I'm a bit out of practice.


Embroidery is not one of my strong points but in the pattern there are two face templates. I chose the happy face one which is the easier of the two.


You can also choose two kinds of apron. The one I made or using the corner of a hanky so it comes down in a point.


I'd like one of these just to put in my sewing room. I love the feet. The hardest part was attaching the legs to the body becasue of the stuffing but a bit of hand stitching and then machine stitching over that sorted it out.



I found this pink polka dot ribbon on my last visit to my daughters. So cute.


I really enjoyed making Rose, it was a nice break from bag sewing. I'm out tonight but it's back to the sweat shop tomorrow. To be honest with you I could do with a nice evening out for a change.

 Rose is designed by Sarah and you can find the pattern HERE.

Happy Sewing

~ Maria ~



7 comments:

  1. She'll love Rose and that's the perfect name for her. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky little girl! Rose is so sweet, she is going to love it....and you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww is adorable !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie!
    Happy evening,
    Hugs
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwwwwwwww Miss Rose is quite a beauty! I know the pain of trying to add stuffed appendages to stuffies - what a royal PITA! Did you leave an opening in the leggies and fill 'em afterwards? I've done that before. With the fox I did last night there was an opening in the back seam so the tail could be added - you can bet the farm I used the hole to stick his tail out while trying to sew the body parts RST, lol! It looked like a massacre ... until I got it finished :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~