Monday, December 1, 2014

Bag Of The Month Club

This year I took part in the Bag of the Month Club although I'm sorry to say I only got one of the 6 bags done. Next year it's on again with 6 fabulous designers designing a bag for each month starting in January.



I copied the bit below from Christine's blog because I'm short of time and just wanted to quickly pop in and let you know about the offer so when you get to June and it says (that's ME) it's not actually me it's Christine LOLLL

These are the designers taking part.

January - Samantha from Sewing Patterns with Mrs. H. is a Welsh pattern designer with a group of pretty yet practical bags in her pattern library. I heard about January's bag design and I was very excited, as it's a piece of purse hardware that I have never used before, but always wanted to. Look out for January's bag, as it's going to be amazing!
February - Sara of Sew Sweetness. Sara likes bags with a lot of pretty details, and since we had a lot of requests last time for smaller bags, she is going to see what she can come up with! Sara has lots of fun, modern bag patterns in her pattern shop here.
March - Anna from Noodlehead has many versatile free tutorials and paid patterns on her site, many of which are wildly popular with quilters! Anna's first book is due out in February, called Handmade Style: 24 Must-Have Basics to Stitch, Use, and Wear.
April - Janelle of Emmaline Bags. Janelle has a thriving pattern business, where she also sells all the hardware, handles, and interfacing needed to make the bag patterns in her shop. Janelle's first book is coming out in 2015.
May - Betz White is a bag designer and textile artist, and she is the author of three books, most recently Present Perfect: 25 Gifts to Sew and Bestow. You can find her patterns available on-line in her pattern shop, as well as her video classes on Creative Bug and Craftsy.
June - Christine of Chris W. Designs (that's ME!) I have yet to decide just what I am designing for June ....mysteries are such FUN, don't you think? LOL

To find out the rest of the details go over to Christine's blog HERE

~ Maria ~

3 comments:

  1. With all the pretty bags you make I'm surprised you only got one done for the club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how nice! I am looking forward for all bags you make ;O)
    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually Maria you did make 2 of those bags from the bag club. You made the Butterfly Sling for the Pattern Parcel Tour and the Butterfly Sling first appeared in the bag of the Month. So doesn't that make you feel better now knowing you really made 2 of the 6 bags? LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~